Sunday, October 21, 2012

When the cats away, the mice will play... dress-up ;)


 Adam is so lucky!  Ernst and Young paid for him to fly to Utah this weekend to help recruit students in BYU's accounting program.  In other words, he got to visit family ;).  How awesome is that?!  I'm so happy he was able to go.  He works so dang hard.  He deserved it.  Meanwhile, I spoiled myself and watched 2 chick-flicks, baked a cake, and played dress-up.  Who says you can't play dress up when you're older?  I think all girls need to and should do it every once in a while. It reminds you that being a girl is fun... which, I admit, can be hard to remember sometimes haha.  



(Me after playing dress-up)

Oh!  And since today is Sunday, I thought I'd share a really good line that I heard in one of the talks given today in church.  My friend Ah-Ling (don't know if that's how it's spelled, but that's how it sounds haha) spoke about trials and how they help us to learn and grow.  She said,

"If there are no challenges in our lives, there is no meaning in our lives."

How powerful is that? I never really thought of challenges, or trials for that matter, as the thing that gives my life meaning, but when Ah-Ling shared this in her testimony I felt the spirit so strongly that I knew it was true.  I hope I can remember this when life seems crazy and I question "why me?"  

Hope you enjoyed this message as much as I did!





1 comment:

  1. You are so cute, I wish I could play dress up with you! Seeing Adam for a little bit was great! Next time, make them pay for you too, haha. And I love that testimony. Thanks for sharing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete